Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween..."Spooky Spooky Spooky!"

So leading up to Halloween...Addie was going around saying "spooky spooky spooky" in her scary voice!! It has pretty cute!  The funniest time she said it was at Gymnastics...Acrobatic Academy had one of their rooms dark, and decorated for halloween, with a maize and halloween music playing! All the kids were crying except Addie....she was running all through the maize saying "spooky spooky spooky!" HAHA...I loved it because I couldn't see her because it was so dark, but I could hear that little voice of hers saying that same thing over and over :) That's Daddy's girl....lovin halloween!
Unfortunately my pics got lost from that day because my phone died :(  However, I do have pics from the rest of our week of Halloween fun! So enjoy!!




Curtis, Addison, and I at our Parish trunk-or-treat! The idea is to line up cars so the trunks are facing the main event....decorate your trunk however you choose...and when it gets dark let the kids trick-or-treat at your trunk!!
 
 

Here you can see the kids getting the candy from a bowl coming out of frankenstein's mouth :)
 

This is our trunk!! YES I made this all by myself!!!! Curtis and I love the movie "Young Frankenstein"...so we decided on a frankenstein them...I made this out of fabric! The eyes are white tulle...so you could see the kiddos coming from the inside and be ready to hand the bowl through the mouth. We played the Halloween station on Sirius radio to have added effect!! It was pretty fun...we took third place and won some moolah :) (out of 26 total trunks)!!
 

Here is an example of a different trunk....They had a noah's ark theme...pretty cute!!
 
 
The next batch of pics are taken on Halloween night!! We had a very special visitor that night....NANA!!!
                    Miss Addison went as Rapunzel "Happily Ever After" as she calls it!!  For those of you unaware..."Tangled" the movie had a sequel called "Happily Ever After"...and you guessed it, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider get married! So this is THE dress from Disney, veil (BEIYO-is how addison says it) and all!!

Halloween is a busy busy night for us! First stop Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Whitney's house!!  These are my mom's parents...aka..My grandparents!! This is a tradition I have been doing since I was a little girl, and now it's fun to continue it with my daughter :)



We need a pic of the braid...and as addie swings the braid around to the front she proclaims "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair" It was pretty funny...Kind of had to be there!!
 


The traditional money bags! That's right you heard me....Grandpa gives out money and some candy on the side :) 

Hmmmm....which one is shinest?? I would like to add...mom and Curtis were enjoying some homemade Chili in the Kitchen! I wish I snuck a pic!!
 


Now, we are off to our neighborhood to do some door to door trick-or-treating!!

she would say Trick-or-treat and thank you at every door!!
 

These are our sweet neighbors, Lee and Norma!! They always wave, and always stop over to catch up and see how we are....and like why's we do the same to them :)


Here is Barb...giving addie some candy!!

 If you look closely...you'll see Nana went up to this door with Addison!!




Below are a few pics we got of Addison and Nana! We got lucky...Nana stayed 5 days at our house in the room in the basement!! I think she loved it..and Addie did too, because she was Nana's snuggle bug every night :)




blowing eachother rainbows and butterflies!! That's right they have magic powers!! :)
 
I just had to add this one!! I had fun playing/editing this photo :) Stinkin Cute as Addie would say!

Goodnight, Meg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment